- Hocus Pocus – this movie has been and will always be my favorite. I have so many wonderful memories of my family watching it together on Halloween night after trick or treat, eating Chinese food and singing along to I Put A Spell on You. This is a must watch for the Halloween Season!
- BeetleJuice – this crude, weird,and all around wonderful movie is perfect for those in search of answers about the afterlife. I have been watching BeetleJuice since I was little and hold it in high regards with Hocus Pocus.
- Sleepy Hallow – this movie is not everyones favorite but I love the dark erie nature of the film and the magic involved.
- Interview With a Vampire – this movie will always be the beginning of my vampire love affair. Anne Rice’s novels have made the vampire world intriguing and full of mystery and sadness. This film, in my opinion, is spot on with its characters and Anne Rice’s book.
- Sweeney Todd – Another Johnny Depp classic makes it to this list as it is the only horror movie I tend to watch. and I know most horror fans wouldn’t even call it that hahaha!
- Practical Magic – Witches, margaritas, and broken hearts what else could a girl ask for? With the love and magic involved this film will make this season more witchy than ever.
- Dracula – Both the classic from 1931 and the more recent 1992 film are spooky creepy wonderful films to watch to get you in the mood for the haunting season to come. Other similar films to the classic Dracula ( Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man, The Mummy, etc) are all perfect for those not inclined towards horror or gore.
- Halloweentown – Now this is not somethings everyone has seen. Those who grew up watching the Disney channel know that Halloweentown is a childhood delight. It’s kind of weird to watch now that I’m 25 but it still brings back all those happy feels.
- The Addams Family – The classic, cartoons, and newer movies are all wonderful halloweeny happiness to make the season hauntingly happy!
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – I have been watching this Charlie Brown Special since I was a little kid. It’s wholesome, happy, and brings a smile to my face every year,
- Bob’s Burgers Halloween Episodes – So Far there have been 4 Halloween themed episodes on Bob’s Burgers and all of them have made the Halloween season brighter and better every year!!
- Supernatural – Overall Supernatural deals with ghosts, demons, witches, and all other paranormal fun so this is something to watch year round to get you into the Halloween mood!
- The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Episodes – So far there have been 27 Halloween episodes on the Simpsons and they never seem to be a let down. I remember being in Middle School and a teacher showing us multiple episodes to teach us about Edgar Allen Poe and Halloween (What a cool person!)
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer – Similar to Supernatural, Buffy deals with the paranormal all the time hunting the bad guys with her scoobies making Sunnydale a happy semi normal place…until it gets devoured…but thats not the point.
- The 13 Nights of Halloween on ABC Family – Every year ABC Family has the 13 nights leading up to halloween filled with spooky, family friendly halloween movies and shows to put people in the seasonal mood. Go here to check out this years line up –http://todaysmama.com/2016/10/abc-family-13-nights-halloween-2016-schedule/