I love quiche however, I often forgot how much I truly enjoyed it until I made it for a family holiday in the Spring that I remembered my absolute love of quiche. At that time I found out this Amazing secret…are you ready for it? Are you SURE?! Okay, here goes:
Quiche is extremely simple to make and even harder to mess up! Whew!! That was eating away at me 😀
Anyways I use the Pioneer Woman’s quiche recipe but dress it up how I see fit. Her recipe is as follows:
- 1 whole Unbaked Pie Crust (enough For A Deep Dish Pan)
- 2 whole Yellow Onions, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 slices Bacon
- 8 whole Large Eggs
- 1-1/2 cup Heavy Cream Or Half-and-Half
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
My recipe tends to look more like this:
- 1 Whole Deep Dish Unbaked Pie Crust
- 8 Whole Large Eggs
- 1-1/2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Cups of Your Choice of Grated Cheese ( I tend to choose something flavorful and melty like Gruyere, sharp cheddar, or fontina)
- Then Add your Choice of Mix Ins up to (2 1/2 Cups) : I try to go for things like spinach, bacon, onions, ham, green onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. Really you can use whatever you’d like.
Step 1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
Step 2. Line your pie pan with pie dough.
Step 3. If you are using meat in your quiche make sure you cook it before hand. Cut the meat up into bite sized pieces (large or small your choice) and set aside to cool.
Step 4. Cut up any veggies you are wanting to add into your quiche. If you are like me and like your veggies a bit softer fry them on a skillet with 1-2 Tablespoons of butter.
Step 5. Whisk together your eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Step 6. Add your Mix-Ins and grated cheese into your egg mixture.
Step 7. Pour your egg mixture into your deep dish pie crust. If your quiche is filled to the brim I suggest putting your pie pan onto a cookie sheet to keep your oven clean in case of any spills.
Step 8. Bake for 40-45 minutes until your quiche is set (not jiggly) and the top is golden brown. If your quiche seems a bit loose but 99% cooked, don’t worry. It will continue to cook once removed form the oven.
Let the Quiche cool for around 10 minutes or until you cannot restrain yourself anymore!!
I hope this recipe was easy to follow and leads to you making stellar quiche! Let me know if this recipe worked out for you or if it didn’t, I would love some recipe feed back 🙂